Fokker Spin III, scale 1:48, scratch build

Finally some progress was made; I was able to test fit the engine. The exhaust stubs were added, as well as the inlet manifold and some cooling tubing. Now I just need to observe this install to see if I am enjoying the result and whether or not to add more details. While adding the inlet- and cooling manifolds, I encountered, again, my limitations in adding more intricate (read smaller and way more difficult to fabricate details).

Seen from the front RH side, with the exhaust stubs in view:
View attachment 449105

Seen from the front LH side, with the inlet- and cooling manifolds in view:
View attachment 449109

For comparison reasons similar pictures, but than from my first attempt of building an engine:
View attachment 449135

View attachment 449136
Good morning Johan. Wow - for some reason your thread didn’t come to my reminders and suddenly there are 3 pages of activity. What Daniel said- you nailed it. Way to go. Cheers Grant

Wow, you’ve made a lot of progress on your little engine. It looks great.

Jan

That looks outstanding, Johan! I would be super happy with that outcome.

Good morning Johan. Wow - for some reason your thread didn’t come to my reminders and suddenly there are 3 pages of activity. What Daniel said- you nailed it. Way to go. Cheers Grant

Thanks for your positive feedback, it's highly appreciated!
It also should be said that quite some feedback, thanks to amongst others @Steef66 and @Peter Voogt , has been incorporated in engine #2, issue 3. Especially the rocker arms saw quite some changes from the issue 1 engine. Engine #1 was disregarded for being way too crude; a lot of refinement was needed.
I can't possible say it's perfect, but this is the best I can do with my current capabilities and toolset, mainly all handtools.
Still, figuring out how-to is very enjoyable... and I'm still pleased with the result so far.

Back