MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good morning Lawrence. Fantastic my friend!!! This is good modeling. The tiny bell…I always find when I don’t look for something it has a way of reappearing :D . Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, Thanks for your very kind words and nice comments, Yes I am still looking for that tiny bell, if it don't show up then I can live with the YQ-Bluenose bell.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have found a we bit of time to work on our YQ-Bluenose. We added just a little bit of detail to our fishing schooner, we added a couple of 45 gallon drums one gas and the other stove oil. We also built and added 3 drums that I believe to be for the storage of cod liver oil, could be wrong. There should have been six but this seamed to take up a lot of space. We also built two storage bens with working hinges.
Regards Lawrence

PS, My Admiral Bernadette has been feeling a bit off these days, so the sails are on hold until feels up to the task.

DSCN0101.JPG

DSCN0102.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have found a we bit of time to work on our YQ-Bluenose. We added just a little bit of detail to our fishing schooner, we added a couple of 45 gallon drums one gas and the other stove oil. We also built and added 3 drums that I believe to be for the storage of cod liver oil, could be wrong. There should have been six but this seamed to take up a lot of space. We also built two storage bens with working hinges.
Regards Lawrence

PS, My Admiral Bernadette has been feeling a bit off these days, so the sails are on hold until feels up to the task.

View attachment 407383

View attachment 407384
The drums are nicely added details, Lawrence. And I hope your Admiral will feel better soon.
Regards, Peter

Hope she'll feel well soon again. Unfortunately, it's the season for all kinds of nasty sicknesses.kind of run out of stean
Hello Johan, I thank you very much for your very kind words and concerns for Bernadette. It's nothing major, just kind of run out of steam and must build it back up slowly.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 407383

View attachment 407384
Good morning Lawrence. Love the details especially the barrels. Speed recovery to Bernadette. Cheers Grant

Good morning Lawrence. Love the details especially the barrels. Speed recovery to Bernadette. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I do thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Bernadette is real not sick at all it's just seams to be that she that she has lost her get up and go. Oh she wants to do a lot of things but the trouble is with just doing it. This is what I had last spring and summer. I am slowly over coming what I had, but it still lingers on. Just have to get the little fellows to push me just a bit harder.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, We have accomplished just a we bit more on our YQ-Bluenose this week, we have installed the Bluenose name across her stern. We have also painted a hand full of 3D printed salt cod fish and installed them in both the forward and after cargo holes. sorry about this picture but my camera would not focus in side of our ship but it does gives the idea a almost fully loaded Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

Salted cod.jpg

DSCN0107 Bluenose receives her nane.JPG

DSCN0103 - Painted salt cod fish.JPG

DSCN0108.JPG

DSCN0109.JPG

DSCN0110.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, We have accomplished just a we bit more on our YQ-Bluenose this week, we have installed the Bluenose name across her stern. We have also painted a hand full of 3D printed salt cod fish and installed them in both the forward and after cargo holes. sorry about this picture but my camera would not focus in side of our ship but it does gives the idea a almost fully loaded Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 407933

View attachment 407938

View attachment 407940

View attachment 408075

View attachment 408076

View attachment 408078
I nice catch, done by those man in there dories. Looking good, stowed in the fish holds.
Regards, Peter

I nice catch, done by those man in there dories. Looking good, stowed in the fish holds.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your very kind words. Yes it was a lot of very hard work to salt and stow all of those fish in a fishing schooner, but we are pleased with the end results.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 407933

View attachment 407938

View attachment 407940

View attachment 408075

View attachment 408076

View attachment 408078
Nice work.
al (holding nose) f

Back